Monday, July 23, 2007

Funeral Diner - Doors Open


So I guess Funeral Diner is a big deal to some people, or something like that. Surprisingly enough this EP is the only release I have of theirs, if anyone has some full lengths they'd like to share please let me know.

Doors Open is a five song EP that the band self-released earlier this year, pressing out only 1000 copies so far. It starts off with This Wrath, which itself starts off with some wicked mad drum playing. Hearing Seth Babb's vocals reminded me of too many other bands, maybe I just can't hear but I swear this guy does the vocals for so many other bands. But since this band's releases all came out before the other bands, I think it would be fair to say that they all ripped off this Seth's style. Which makes sense, seeing as how Seth pulls it off the best. The guitar work on this album is also very generic sounding these days. This album to me sounds just like 30 other ones, to be honest i am not finding anything impressive about this EP at all. Although I am not saying that this EP is bad, if you are into this sort of music (which sadly I am) then you'll be sure to like this EP. Just don't be expecting anything groundbreaking or original.

1 comment:

jebus said...

doors open cover art
http://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/funeral_diner/doors_open/