Monday, July 23, 2007

Amanda Woodward - La Decadence De La Decadence



I am going to start this thing off with Amanda Woodward's La Decadence De La Decadence. This was one of the first real screamo albums i got my hands on, and it is certainly one of my favorites. I am not a big fan of France, or French people (although Paris was beautiful), but France has certainly released some of the best screamo acts of our time. This album opens up with the title tracks, which i think is one of the weaker songs on it. After the title song in comes Binaire Et Lisible, one of my favorite tracks by this band. This song would of made a lot better of an opening song then the first one. The song's intro is so catching, it pulls you right into the song and almost forces you to listen to it. The album continues on with such emotion that it almost makes me want to have a mental break down and play this album to it.

Gerome's amazing voice has emotion's that I could only dream of, it portrays anger, passion, fear and other feelings that we have yet to name. Antoine and Nico's guitar work is simple awe inspiring, if this album doesn't make you want to pick of a guitar and belt out jams like these guys then you just might not be a man. Also Antoine is one of my favorite drummers, his work in Aussitôt Mort is just as great. I would love a drum solo from this guy, i think it would bring a tear to my eye.

All in all, album is amazing. one of my favs. get it now. and hear one of the few good things to ever come out of France.

Amanda Woodward - Collection (Discography)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good chronic for a guy who seems to not like "the french"!!!!
what the poor french have done to you??? it seems to be terrible for you don't like them!!!:-(
but it's clearly one of the best emo french band and especially one of the best in live
a poor (nice)french

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

No matter what others say, I think it is still interesting and useful maybe necessary to improve some minor things